A Fearful Yet Wonderful Truth: "God is the Judge"
2nd Kings 18-19
1. The Rightful Disposition of Gratitude v.1
a. The correct direction of gratitude: "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks,..."
b. The compelling desire of gratitude: "for that thy name is near..."
2. The Righteous Dealings of God vv.2-3
a. It is a set time, not impulsive but deliberate.
b. It is a suitable response. I will judge uprightly.
c. It is a sovereign act. I bear up the pillars of it.
3. The Rebuke Deserving of Gloaters vv.4-7
a, How God depicts the gloater.
b. How God rejects the gloater.
4. The Rebels Destiny with God v.8
a. This prophecy alone is a frightful expression.
b. The reality will be a fierce experience. Revelation 14:8; 18:3
5. The Responsive Doxology for Grace vv.9-10
a. He is the God of Jacob!
b. He is the God of justice.