"Christ Died For Our Sins According to the Scriptures"
1st Corinthians 15:3
1. Christ: The Identity of our Savior
a. Note how Paul specifies our Savior. 3-8
b. Note how Paul glorifies our Savior. 1st Corinthians 15:20-22
2. Christ Died: The Enormity of God's Love
a. Calvary is the manifestation of God's love. 1st John 4:9; Romans 5:8
b. Calvary is the measurement of God's love. Ephesians 3:17-19
(1) Calvary shows us just how far God will go to save sinners? Luke 15:4
(2) Calvary shows us just how much God will do to remedy sin? John 3:16
3. Christ Died For Our Sins: The Necessity of Atonement Hebrews 9:22
a. Christ is our subsitute.
b. Christ is the satisfaction of the law's demands.
4. Christ Died For Our Sins According to the Scriptures: The Authority of our Salvation
a. The Scriptures affirm to us the success of the crucifixion.
b. The Scriptures assure us of our salvation in Christ. 1st John 5:9-13