Does the Word Affect You?
1st Thessalonians 2:13
1. Three Distractions from hearing the Word:
a. There's the distraction of unbelief.
b. There's the distraction of unconfessed sin.
Psalms 66:18; Proverbs 28:13; Isaiah 59:1-2
c. There's the distraction of being uninterested.
2. Three Disciplines necessary for hearing the Word:
a. Be sure that you hear.
b. Be careful at what you hear.
Mark 4:24; Ephesians 4:14
c. Be mindful of how you hear.
(1) Some are curious hearers.
2nd Timothy 4:3-4
(2) Some are careless hearers.
(3) There are the careful, concentrating, committed hearers.
3. Three Differences made by hearing the Word:
a. The Word enlightens the mind.
b. The Word empowers the will.
c. The Word effects change in the heart.
Ephesians 5:25b-27; 2nd Timothy 3:16-17