Ecclesiastes: "Making Sense of Life: Our Two Unavoidable Appointments"
1. Solomon's Two Assertions. vv.12:2-8, 14
a. We are all aging towards death. vv.2-8
(1) Note how Solomon describes aging. vv. 2-5a
Ecclesiastes 11:7; 2nd Corinthians 4:16; Philippians 3:21
(2) Note how Solomon depicts dying. vv.5b-8
b. We are all accountable to God. vv.12-14
(1) The certainty of this: "God shall"
(2) The totality of this: "every work...every secret...good or evil"
2. Solomon's Timely Advice. vv.1, 9-13
a. Remember your God now. v.1
Matthew 6:33; Colossians 3:1-2
b. Revere your God. vv.9-13
(1) Revere the exception to God's Word. vv.9-11
(2) Revere the inspiration of God's Word. vv.11b-12
(3) Revere the conclusion of God's Word. v.13