Ecclesiastes: "Making Sense of Life: Solomon's Climactic Appeal: The Investment of Life"
1. We should Regard Our Lives as an Investment. vv.1-6
a. An investment has the element of risk.
(1) It is a reasonable risk to forsake the world and follow Christ. Matthew 19:27-29
(2) It is unreasonalbe to risk your soul in following after the world. Mark 8:36
b. An Investment includes responsibility. v.4
(1) We are to give generously. v.2
(2) We are to gather gladly. 4b
Psalms 126:5-6; Matthew 13:3-8
2. We may Realize the Enjoyment of Our Lives. vv.9-10
a. God allows the enjoyment of good pleasures in this life. v.9a
Psalms 16:11; 1st Timothy 6:17; James 1:17
b. God will audit us for the privileges we receive. v.9b
c. Our actions need to be guarded. v.10
3. We need to Remember that Our Lives are Transient. vv.7-8
a. Time is passing.
b. Death is permanent.