Ecclesiastes Series: "Making Sense of Life: Solomon's Analytic Approach: The Seasons of Life"
1. A Principle for this Life 1
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
a. This life is not an invariable - there is change to this life. Proverbs 27:1; Matthew Henry
b. This life is not eternal - there is brevity to this life.
c. This life is not accidental - there is certainty to this life.
(1) Three sobering truths about us.
-We each have an alloted time to live. Acts 17:24-26
-We each have an appointed time to die. Hebrews 9:27
-We each have an assigned time to be judged. Hebrews 9:27; Romans 14:11-12
(2) Two stunning truths about God.
-God's omnipotence is awesome. Acts 1:7; Ephesians 1:11
-God's omniscience is awesome. Psalms 139:16
2. A Panorama of this Life 2-8
a. This is a balanced view of life. 2nd Corinthians 4:7-9
b. We and everything around us are bound by time.
(1) Everything here is temporal. 2nd Corinthians 4:17-18; Matthew 24:35
(2) We are all mortals. 2nd Corinthians 5:1-2; John 3:16