"The Repentance of an Unworthy Sinner"
1. A Casual Curiosity from a Sinner.
a. A simple curiosity.
b. Some endless obstacles.
Happy those, who in this respect, like Zaccheus, are resolved to overcome all impediments that lie in their way to a sight of Christ. George Whitefield
c. A genuine search. Isaiah 55:6; Psalm 14:2; Romans 3:10-11
2. A Compelling Call from the Savior.
a. An eternal call. Ephesians 1:3-6
b. A personal call.
c. A compassionate call. John 7:37-38; Isaiah 55:1-2
d. An effectual call.
3. A Cheerful Reception from a Sinner.
4. A Clear Confession from a Repentant Sinner.
a. He confessed Christ with his mouth.
b. He confessed Christ with his life.
What is repentance?
It is a radical change of one's mind,
heart and will.
It is a turning of one's mind, heart and
It is a change of direction and
affections! Romans 2:4; 2nd
Corinthians 7:10; Acts 11:18;
2nd Timothy 2:25; Luke 3:3
5. Christ's Divine Proclamation to Sinners.